Yesterday was quite a busy day for us, we put the order in for the bathtub and all the bits and parts for it. After that we put the blinds in that we bought last saturday (they arrived thursday) from Home Depot.
It’s so hard to find blind information online, i’m posting all the details incase somebody else is looking for Bali Diamondcell cordless blinds. So anyway….we ordered blinds for 3 windows; Living room, Dining room, and Family room. The measurements were:
107.5 x 60, 107.5 x 60, and 71 x 60
Keep in mind that’s full dimensions, we didn’t take any off for clearance, travel, etc. Apparently they do that automatically at the factory when you put in your order, so your not supposed to otherwise your blinds will be to small. So the blind are coming in two colors, Popcorn for the Dining and living rooms, and Glacier for the Family room. And they are double 3/8″ cells, which will hopefully help them retain their shape longer than a single cell….also should block light better.
So….cordless eh? Yeah, basically what it means is they go up and down like garage doors (which have big ol counter weight springs up top) and you don’t pull on cord to do it. The thought here is that with no cord, the cats won’t play with them, kids can’t choke on them, they look cleaner, and you won’t be putting concentrated preassure on one part of the assembly when raising them (which is where a lot of drywall cracks appear). Also, instead of going for one giant cell were recommended to split them per window. That way there’s less of a chance of a total failure for the spring or anything….I guess we’ll find out, they’re kind of a test honestly to see if we like them enough to use them upstairs.
At the end of the day, everything ran a little under $800. We managed to get 25% off using 15% price matching and stacked a 10% coupon we had by putting it on the Home Depot credit card.
Installing them was pretty much easy. The only real problem we had was in the Family room, and that was because it looks like picasso did the drywalling around the windows. But a creative use of fender washers resolved that pretty easily actually. Honestly, when we took down the original ones there were like 5 fender washers up there, and I only needed to use one.
Here’s how they arrived
And here is a close up of the mounting bracket, they just clip to it
So here’s the Dining room before (when we bought the house), before and after:
Once we got going, it was super easy. Here’s the Living room before, before and after:
And last, here’s the Family room before, before and after:
I think when we get some time in the future to put up some tabbed curtains with a bit of a valance that it’s really gonna look great. However, since it took about 2 years to get this far I wouldn’t stay up waiting for that post